I like affordable stuff and I’m betting you do, as well. Don’t get me wrong, I like the nice stuff but I make a it a mission find good gaming equipment that performs well and doesn’t break the bank in the meantime. I’d rather have more money for more games. And let’s face it, it’s a gamble, right? I mean the aiming, firing, slashing, attacking, turning, looking…they’re all integral to most games these days and if you’re gaming mouse sucks then it’s going to throw a big, wet diaper on your ability to succeed, win, own, kill, capture, whatevs…
A friend of mine is, by far, the best Retribution Paladin that I have ever seen play WoW. I’ve seen a lot of Ret Pally’s, too. I have one as my main on Darkspear and I have studied many play as much as I can to try to get better. I’m only aiiight… The reason I bring this up and because my friend barely touches his keyboard when he is inside of Azeroth. He has his entire hot key set up on his gaming mouse. I can’t, for the life of me (and my ret), get that down. I still use the keyboard hot keys. So…a good gaming mouse is essential to being good at any game. Need info on Bluetooth Headphones, instead?
Let’s Take a Look at the Features that Make a “Good” Gaming Mouse:
The lower end gaming mice will have that LED sensor optical tracker. I find that these are great and sensitive enough. Sure, you can have issues if you raise your mouse off of the surface but I don’t see why you’d do that anyway. The laser sensors, on the other hand, track real well even if the mouse comes off the surface for a moment but can be a little bit…unruly…when your moving that mouse around real fast in the heat of battle.
The ergonomic design of gaming mice is the most important feature that I’m looking for personally in a mouse. I like a gaming mouse on the lighter side and that fits well in my hand. I have big hands 😉 so I don’t have an issue fitting and handling a larger one (that’s what she said!). I prefer the scrolling wheel to be grooved and smooth so that I can cycle through quickly and with ease. I get to know that ratcheted scroll wheel to the point where I am subconsciously counting the little clicks and catches and know precisely where it landed without looking at the screen.
Versatility | Customization
Like the story of my buddy above, customization is a big deal as well. He has 12 buttons on his mouse that allows him to have 24 instantly macro’d hot keys because he just hits the “shift button” on his computer when he wants to use the alternate assigned task for each of the 12 thumb buttons on his mouse. A good gaming mouse should give you the ability to track and tweak speed and sensitivity. Some mice allows you add and remove weight, set weight in certain spots (mid, front, back), and some even have adjustable parts for the arch and curvature of the mouse so that you can adjust the peak or curve. Crazy, right?
I know there are a lot of good, even great, gaming mouses out there and most of us have our favorite brand. Maybe that’s Razr, Mionix or Logitech. Those are all great options but they come with a hefty price tag as well. My preferred gaming mouse is made by HAVIT and I personally use the #1 mouse on this list, because if I didn’t recommend this mouse as the top then why would I have it after explaining my thoughts about price and quality that I wrote about in the first paragraph. So, here we go…
List of 5 Bet Gaming Mouse Under $30
This is a mouse that I’ve been using for a while now….almost a year, I’d say. It’s plug and play so there’s no additional software to download or upload. I’ve seen some other reviews online that label this a “cheap gaming mouse”…but don’t let the word fool you. For under $30, this mouse is all that and a bag of chips. The make isn’t cheap at all. It takes a pounding from me and still comes to work everyday ready to be handled again. 🙂
The mouse looks sharp, fits comfortable in my hand and cool enough to be great looking while not being obnoxious or too complicated. The video mode comes in handy as well. Just flip the switch on the bottom to video mode and you can stop, pause, play videos that you watch. The other thing that I love about this mouse is that it has 3 settings via the switch on the bottom: Off (so you don’t have to waste battery or put up with the red LED all night), On (which functions like a normal mouse), or the “lightbulb” setting. On the light bulb setting, the HAVIT HV-MS988GT will slowly pulse accent colors of green, red and blue. It looks pretty bad ass, imo, next to my ALIENWARE when they’re lit together.
Here are the Technical Specs for the HAVIT MS988GT:
- With the advanced 2.4Ghz wireless technology adopted, this wireless gaming mouse can be operated at a working distance up to 18m with little-to-no delay or signal drops.
- 3050 chip, providing you an incredibly comfortable and stable gaming experience that never fails. It hasn’t failed me yet.
Tech Specs for the iXCC Predator Gaming Mouse:
- USB 2.0, also compatible with USB 1.1.
- Switch Life: 5 million cycle.
- 2.4GHz Wireless Technology Comfortable to use.
- Power supply:1 x AA battery Required.(not included)
- Resolution: 500-1000-15000-2000CPI Adjustable through the button.
The Sentey is another gaming mouse that may not be in your mind when you starting talking about “that sick gaming mouse, bro” but it’s a damn good piece of equipment to have with you in-game. And it’s got to be great for those fast-paced, first person shooters because many of the reviews online tout the Sentey has being on of the most precise gaming mouses they’ve ever used. In fact, some of the reviews on Amazon infer that the Sentey is being used as a graphic design mouse once it is discovered by those professionals who have gamers in the house.
The mouse is comfortable in the hand and the rubber coating on the top (which I personally prefer over plastic) is great because it prevents any slipping off the mouse when moving it quickly due to a little sweaty palm action going on. It does have some software that it comes with for use, but it is super-easy and user friendly, and macro set-up is especially simple to to do. With 9 macro buttons along with a lot of other features and top performance, this gaming mouse is worth getting especially at the price.
Here’s the Tech Specs and Features for the Sentey Gaming Mouse:
Up to 8200 DPI Resolution
4 Levels DPI Level Preset
ADNS 9800 Sensor
1 Ghz Frequency Polling Rate
12000 FPS Frame Rate
4D 4 Way Scrolling
150 inches/sec Track Speed
While the ThinkTank T90 doesn’t have as many reviews on Amazon as some of the gaming mice that we’ve reviewed here, the ones that it does have speak very highly of the it with 70% being 5-star ratings. Again, keep in mind that we’re looking for affordable gaming mice that have a great response time and sensor, are comfortable to hold and handle, and won’t break the bank. The ThinkTank T90 fits that bill.
This isn’t a small mouse by any means but the comfort and precision that it handles with makes up for it. That being said, if you have small hands or you’re thinking of getting it for someone with small hands, i.e. a kid, then this may not be the mouse for you. It does have some great pro features, though, that make this gaming mouse looking into. The lights play the part of being a true gaming mouse along with the precision. And it’s true plug and play. It looks great. It works great. And it’s easily a great buy.
Features and Tech Specs of the ThinkTank T90 Gaming Mouseinclude:
- Adjusting DPI: 6-speed adjustment,1000/1600/2400/3200/5500/9200 DPI,1000 DPI red light flash 3 times,1600 orange,2400 green,3200 light blue,5500 blue,9200 purple.
- Compatible system: Windows 98/ 2000/ ME/ NT / XP/ win 7/ win 8/ win 10/ Mac OS and other OS,plug & play
- Fire key: short press to double click, long press more than 2 seconds to switch triple click,light flashes 3 times represents successfully switched.
- LED Light Modes Switch: short press to switch 7-color cycle breathing+6 single color breathing+6 single color constant light,A total of 13 kinds of light mode ,long press more than 2 seconds to turn off the lights.
- Quick thumb function: fast forward or backward when browsing the web,forward of backward at the same folder window.
Ending out our list is a solid, little gaming mouse that looks great. Personally, the way it looks is one of my favorites on the list so don’t get it twisted that because it’s #5 here, that it can’t be your go-to mouse when gaming. Especially seeing as how it has a 78%, 5-star rating over at Amazon. This mouse has all that you need in a gaming mouse in one, affordable package: Comfort, precision, a skull with cross bones and great lighting. Boom…you gotcha’ yourself a great gaming companion.
One of the highlights and selling points of this mouse is the silent clicking of the buttons. Many attest in reviews just how silent the clicking, or lack-thereof, is. Check this comment out from Amazon: “Completely inaudible top mouse Left/Right and Center Wheel – the side buttons have a bit of click to them, yet still quiet…” And this one:”The overall comfort and grip of this mouse is excellent in my opinion and the dpi changing button on the top of the mouse is convenient.” Make no mistakes, ladies, gents, and fellow gaming geeks: This mouse is silent and deadly!
Features, Specs of the Silent Gaming Mouse-The SrockerC10s:
- This mouse adopts advanced 2.4GHz wireless technology, which makes it achieve a larger using range, stronger anti-interference ability and a faster transmission speed. The increased working distance is up to 10m with no obstacles. Its wireless function makes it easy to carry.
- Adopting the silent micro switch design with best hand feeling for the button, 95% noiseless than ordinary switch, truly be without interference in the same room. Silent button design can make you work or play in a quiet environment, and also gives you an exciting gaming atmosphere and keep your family or roommates in a good sleep state.
- The primary game player design, 3 DPI levels (1000-1600-2400) makes you can choose your suitable cursor speed and win the battle victory in a game with a quick speed. Shortcut keys design can carry out the operation of page up, down, forward and backward quickly, which makes you defeat your enmies quickly.
His 2 favorite fictional characters of all time are Ned and Tony.
Ken lives a life of anguish as his love for video games and all things geek is only surpassed by how horrible he is at playing them.
He has the hand/eye coordination of a 41 y/o man matched with a mind of an 18 y/o.
His cat's name is John Constantine.